- Gift Coupon
- Mobile Content
- Small Purchase
- Online Content
- From time to time, it is necessary for you to supply to us with data or information in connection with membership registration, continuation of membership or accounts, and provision of services. Data or information are collected from you in the ordinary course of the continuation of the membership or relationship between us.
- Your personal information is classified as confidential and will be kept confidential and secure. We pledge to comply with and observe the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the "Ordinance") of Hong Kong in collecting, maintaining and using your information. We will ensure compliance by our staff of this standard of security and confidentiality.
- The personal information collected from you will be used to process your requests and to help us to prevent any illegal or fraudulent activity regarding your pPay account or any other (future) service(s) provided by us. We will use the information to help us better understand service usage and to assist us to design or market new products or services.
- We do not collect or store any personal identifiable information from minors, i.e., persons under the age of 18.
- We will keep static information such as personal information you entered in our site as long as you are a member of pPay. We will keep the information for a maximum of 7 years after your ceasing to be a member. We will also retain all information in respect of transactions and instructions for a maximum of 7 years. The 7-year retention period is in keeping with the local financial industry's standard code of practice.
- We will disclose your personal information to concerned parties when it is necessary to process your instructions or payment requests. We will also disclose your personal information to relevant authorities or concerned parties as required by law or as requested by government, regulatory or any other legal authorities.
Data or information held by us relating to you will be kept confidential
but we may provide such data or information to the following parties :
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, debt collection, credit reference agencies, repossession service, securities clearing or other services to us in connection with the operation of its business;
- our subsidiary and holding companies, the subsidiary company of our holding company, and any of our group company, which have undertaken to keep such data or information confidential;
- any other person under a duty of confidentiality to us;
- any person, company, corporation, bank or financial institution with which you have or propose to have dealings.
- We will send marketing or promotion materials (e.g. e-mail or other printed materials) to you. If you do not wish to receive any such materials, you can do so by completing the relevant section in our site, which is maintained with us by the use of each member's individual e-mail address and pPay password.
- All personal information being passed to us will be encrypted using SSL. When it is necessary for us to pass your personal information to our bank(s) to process your credit card payment request, whether as a payee or a recipient, the information will be encrypted using SSL or SET.
- If at any time you find any of your information held in our system is incorrect or in need of updating, please login with your e-mail address and pPay password at our site to change the information at your earliest convenience.
Under and in accordance with the terms of the Ordinance you have the right :
- to check whether we hold data or information about him and of access to such data or information;
- to require us to correct any data or information relating to him which is inaccurate; and
- to ascertain our policies and practices in relation to data or information and to be informed of the kind of personal data or information held by us.
In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, we have the right
to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data or information
(In the event of any inconsistency between English and Chinese versions of this Statement, the English version shall prevail.)